[OS X TeX] Splitting a .tex into multiple PDF files

Hemant Bhargava hkb at mac.com
Thu Apr 18 17:39:49 CEST 2002

Thanks, Adrian.

I see that pdfpages allows me to include pdf pages from other files. So,
you're suggesting I could first compile my .tex file and generate a
single output pdf file, then run a series of commands like

\includepdf[firstpage=a,lastpage=c]{file.pdf}

to generate pdf files containing only the selected pages.

Is there a better way?

Another problem: I am able to run \includepdf without options. But when
I include the first/last page options, I get the following error message:

! Package keyval Error: firstpage undefined.

Where am I going wrong?

- Hemant

On Thursday, April 18, 2002, at 10:49 AM, Adrian Heathcote wrote:

> Sure
>
> You can use pdfpages to do this.
>
> Adrian Heathcote
>

> On Friday, April 19, 2002, at 12:42 AM, Hemant Bhargava wrote:
>
>> Hi -
>>
>> Is there an easy, systematic, way to compile a .tex file (with pdftex)
>> and split the result into multiple PDF files?
>>
>> Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> - Hemant

>> "help" (no quotes) in the body.