[OS X TeX] Prosper, Acrobat Reader, and White Flashes

Wesley Eddings weddings at jhsph.edu
Thu Apr 4 02:53:29 CEST 2002

I'm using Prosper with TeXShop and teTeX to make PDF presentations,
which I view in full-screen mode in Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0.5 (using
OS 10.1 on an iBook G3/500). My problem is that the screen flashes a
solid white background when moving from slide to slide, instead of
smoothly going to the next slide as it should. I had the same problem
with Reader 5.0.0. If I use Acrobat Reader 4 in Classic, there's no
white flash---the transitions are correct, but some of the fonts don't
display correctly, so it's not really a solution. This happens with the
demo pdfs included with Prosper, as well as with the ones I create
myself. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Wes
weddings at jhsph.edu