[Mac OS X TeX] paths & the terminal - command line no longer works

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Sun Sep 30 13:04:10 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>On Sunday, September 30, 2001, at 02:20  AM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> [localhost:EMch 012/Exams/Exam 1 - Fall 2001] gray% pdflatex
> exam1-fa2001.tex
> pdflatex: Command not found.
>
> This used to work flawlessly. Clearly it isn't finding pdflatex, but
> why not?
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this? By the way, I have not installed
> XFree86, fink, or anything like that.

I guess that installing 10.1 overwrites the global init files. There is
a script in TeXGSInstaller that fixes this. Re-install TeXGSInstaller or
run the following perl script.

ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/tex-gs/settcshpath.pl

The log out and log in and it should work.

Secondly, I haven;t tested yet, but it could be that 10.1 upgrade does
damage /usr/local contents. In that case, only reinstalling will help.

Gerben

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.