[Mac OS X TeX] package install problem....

Frank STENGEL fstengel at wanadoo.net.ma
Tue Sep 4 02:57:37 CEST 2001

I seem to have a problem installing packages with teTeX/TeXShop on OSX.
Basically, I perform what I used to do on my linux box, that is I copy
the files/directory to the relevant place (~/Library/texmf or /usr/
local/teTeX/share/texmf.local) and run texhash in a terminal. Then I
try to typeset a document using that package, it miserably fails with a
file not found error.

The problem subsist, wether I log as root, a user with system admin
privileges or a plain user; I basically tried with all the user
accounts on my machine.

Is there something I missed?
--
Frank STENGEL (fstengel at nordnet.fr)