[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop and Mac OS X 10.1

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Sat Sep 29 02:13:54 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>I installed Mac OS X 10.1 today and TeXShop continues to work as
before. That is, no problems so far.

I will say that 10.1 is an amazing improvement over 10.0.4.
Applications really do launch many times faster (it seems like it is
more than the 2-3 times that Apple claims). It also includes a new
version of Acrobat Reader, though I haven't noticed any substantial
differences yet. In addition, everything feels snappier. I used to
dislike working in Eudora 5.1b16 and now it is VERY usable. It is
like using a complete new operating system.

I recommend that you run, don't walk, to find the 10.1 upgrade.

Regarding David Wagner's question:

At 4:27 PM -0500 9/27/01, David Wagner wrote:

>If any of you have upgraded to Mac OS X 10.1, I would like to know if TeX
>runs any faster.
>
>You might report the output from something like
>Prompt>  time tex myfile.tex
>
>executed from Terminal, from both versions of OS X.

Unfortunately, I did run this test under 10.0.4, so now I am afraid
that any results I report would be meaningless.

Best regards,

--
Gary L. Gray
Associate Professor