[Mac OS X TeX] BibTeX can't find .bst & .bib files

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Tue Sep 25 05:21:19 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>I have been running TeXShop for some time and needed to use BibTeX
for the first time today. I have created the following directory
structure for making .bib and .bst files available to TeXShop/BibTeX:

~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bib/

and

~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bst/

and BibTeX can't see files I put in these locations. A colleague has
his machine set up identically and BibTeX see .bib and .bst files put
in those locations. What am I missing here? I have run texhash hoping
that doing so would help, but it hasn't made a bit of difference.

By the way, the directory tree for LaTeX files:

~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/misc/

works perfectly.

Any thoughts?

Best regards,