[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop and tex/gs (again)

kjohannisson at mac.com kjohannisson at mac.com
Fri Sep 21 17:56:58 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Hi,

(just a small comment as an addition to the not-so-recent thread on
tex-ghostscript typesetting not working in TeXShop:)

I have noticed that if I start TeXShop by clicking (i.e. Finder or
Dock), tex-ghostscript typesetting does not work for me (nothing happens
at all). If I, however, start TeXShop from the terminal, e.g. by typing
"open file.tex", tex-ghostscript works just fine. This seems to support
the theory about .cshrc-strangeness. It may also be a less awkward
"solution" to the problem than editing the .cshrc file (until this bug
is fixed...).

/ Kristofer Johannisson

> Folks,
>
>> Marc Parizeau wrote: "My .cshrc contained only
>>
>> 	setenv PATH "${PATH}:/usr/X11R6/bin"
>>
>> And indeed, after I removed it, TeXShop started to work ok in
>> TeX/GS mode. This is really a strange bug, I just can't imagine why
>> these commands have any impact on the behavior of TeXShop?!
>> Does this imply that TeXshop reads the .cshrc file and tries to
>> interpret it???
>> ... Obviously, the authors of TeXShop should look into this mystery
>> for
>> future release..."
>>
>> I agree. I'll be gone for a week, but then I'll look
>> into the mystery. TeXShop doesn't look at the .cshrc, so I'm as
>> puzzled as everyone else!!
>

> very simple answer:
>
> texshop does not look straight into the .cshrc file but it launches
> scripts (from tetex) that do look iinto the .cshrc file. So it reads the
>
> .cshrc indirectly.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.