[Mac OS X TeX] labelling graphics using TeXShop/Illustrator

Hemant Bhargava hkb at mac.com
Sat Sep 29 14:10:18 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>I use psfrag too -- haven't come across anything I couldn't do with it.
(psfrag allows you to replace "labels" in the graphics file with arbitrary
LaTeX commands.) And the beauty of it is that you are in LaTeX all the time.

- Hemant

--On Saturday, September 29, 2001 11:49 +0100 Paulo Abreu
<paulotex at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Gary L. Gray wrote:
>> Francesco Costanzo and I have come up with a nice little method for
>> labelling graphics for those of you using TeXShop and Illustrator.
>> Many of you may already be aware of this method, but we had not seen
>> it before. Here is a .tex file that you can simply typeset to get the
>> procedure. If you don't want to typeset it, you can simply decipher
>> the LaTeX.
>
> Sorry, but this seems like just too much work. Doesn't psfrag do the
> trick?
>
> I have been working with psfrag for a few years now. Right now
> I'm in the middle of a book with +/-800 ps graphics from matlab. I
> started by opening the ps, changing the text labels so that psfrab could
> read them (simple strings in Courier) and saving as eps. Now, after
> learning a bit about matlab's graphic features, I can create the labels
> (title, tick marks, etc) in a form understandable by psfrag directly
> from matlab. I don't think your method is really an improvement.
>
> Paulo

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.