[Mac OS X TeX] printing \'{o} bug in TeXShop

Nick Warner warner at usc.edu
Sun Oct 21 20:53:14 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Not a surprise.  There is now a wealth of evidence for
a very annoying bug in apples pdf processing software.

I have a new variant:  Download any of the pdf files
>from the preprint archive http://xxx.lanl.gov/
and try even to view it using apples previewer:
it is incomprehensible garbage.  It, of course looks (and prints)
fine with Acrobat 5.0.

You would think that in going to a pdf base (as opposed
to postscript)  that Apple would get this right, but alas Nooooo!

I would like to echo Gerben Wierda's recommendation:
PLEASE follow up by sending feedback to Apple via its
web pages.  If enough people scream then maybe they
will fix this promptly

Nick Warner

On Sunday, October 21, 2001, at 06:39 AM, Gilbert Harman wrote:

> Using LaTeX in TeXShop (via pdftex) I find that \'{o} displays
> correctly but
> does not print correctly on my Lexmark E312.  However, if I open the
> resulting pdf file in Acrobat Reader 5 and print from there it does
> print
> correctly.
>
> --
>

> Gilbert Harman            (609) 258-4301
> Department of Philosophy
> Princeton University
> Princeton, NJ 08544-1006  http://www.princeton.edu/~harman

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.