[Mac OS X TeX] Choosing an EPS editor

fwallenberg at mac.com fwallenberg at mac.com
Sun Oct 7 04:29:13 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Hi,

As a recent convert to LaTeX I've suddenly found a much larger need for
an application that allows me to edit vector graphics. The obvious
alternatives are Adobe Illustrator and Stone Studio's Create. Since I
neither have a lot of experience with LaTeX publishing nor with the
products in question I need some help in judging which of the two to buy.

I'd like your opinion on three dimensions. Note that I don't need a
discussion about value for money since I can get very similar deals on
both.

A) Ease of use
B) Manipulation of eps graphics (and pdf) for LaTeX publishing
C) Web publishing

I realize that I might get better info on C from other sources, but I
figure that the demographics of this list matches my needs and skill
level rather closely.

Thanks,

Fredrik

--