[Mac OS X TeX] OSX 10.1 crashes on epstopdf'ed pdf's

Alessandro Languasco languasc at math.unipd.it
Wed Oct 31 14:17:58 CET 2001

<x-flowed ISO-8859-1>Georges:
you are not alone!
Some times ago I report a similar problem to this list
and also to Apple suppport (as usual they do not give me any answer).
Other guys too in the USA had similar problems (you can see their
description
in the Apple discussion site).

My solution was to use the Macps2pdf by Thomas R. Kiffe.
It seems to produce .pdf files that don't crash Quartz engine.
Bye,
	Alessandro

On Mercoledì, ottobre 31, 2001, at 12:54 , Georges Vael wrote:

> Suspected this was the problem, glad it wasn't me.
> I will workaround and I report the bug to Apple.
> Gerbens mail and my response to Rosses request for files to reconstruct
> the problem with crossed. I'll leave them at the web for anyone
> interested or for Apple's  bug killers ;-).
>
> Georges
>
> On woensdag, oktober 31, 2001, at 12:28 , Gerben Wierda wrote:
>
>> This is a known extremely serious bug in Apple's Quartz display
>> engine. Please report this bug to Apple. Many have and the more do,
>> the more quickly we will get a fix. There is nothing Cocoa developers
>> can do about this at the moment.
>>
>> There are more bugs (and omissions) in 10.1's PDF engine.
>>
>> A workaround is to open these files only in Acrobat (which only in a
>> limited way uses Quartz), either the Carbon version under OS X 10.1 or
>> the 4.05 version in Classic. Another workaround is using Acrobat
>> Distiller or PStill, both seem to produce PDF that does not trigger
>> the Quartz bug so easily.

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.