[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop 1.13 + MacOSX.1 crash

Alessandro Languasco languasc at math.unipd.it
Tue Oct 16 18:10:59 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Dear all,

last summer I wrote in Latex the notes of a course in which
I included many figures. In the first version I use .eps figures
(created with freehand) then I converted them in .pdf.

Today I recompile the .tex file but when I tried to see
the result TeXShop crashes and crashes also Mac OS X.1.
The same happens using Preview.
To came back with .eps figures makes no difference.

This happens only when I try to see the pages in which
the figures are displayed. Acrobat Reader 5 works
fine even if is very slow to display the figures (in particular
the ones in which some region is colored or filled with
straight lines).

It seems a MacOsX.1 problem but I'm not sure and, much more
important, I don't know what I have to do to work
on my notes.

With the old version of Texshop and OSX.0.4 I rarely have
crashes, but I was able to develop  the entire work and I remember
that TeXShop displayed the figures.
I had a printing problem with the same file (I wrote a
post some times ago). I had to print it switching to macos 9.1
(now I am not able to check if the file can be printed under osX.1).

I don't want to switch back to os 9.1 because I love OsX.1 and texshop.

Every comment is very welcome !!! Thanks in advance.

Alessandro

Alessandro Languasco, Ph. D.
Dipartimento di Matematica Pura e Applicata
Universita` di Padova
Via Belzoni 7
35131 Padova (Italy).
Phone: +39-(0)49-8275958