[Mac OS X TeX] True Type Fonts

Jerry Stratton jerry at hoboes.com
Sat Oct 13 02:48:39 CEST 2001

At 4:59 PM +0200 on 10/10/01, Malte Harder wrote:
I got ttf2tfm compiled and coud convert a true type font ( converted from mac to win via ttconverter ) into a vf and a tfm file. I put these to files into the txfm/fonts/vf and texfm/fonts/tfm directories. But pdftex does not recognize them if I call pdftex fonttest. ttf2tfm made also a map file but i don't know where to put it in. I looked at http://www.radamir.com/tex/ttf-tex.htm but I have neither an texmf/ttf2tfm/base/ directory  nor a texmf/pdftex/base dir, where I could copy the encoding and map files.

I think that the equivalent of 'base' directories in miktex are 'config' directories in teTeX. But using either 'base' or 'config' for the directory name doesn't help me; I can get pdftex to 'accept' the font via TeXShop, but the characters are all squares, squished together. As if it can't find the font file itself, and doesn't know the width (or is getting the width wrong).

Has anyone used a truetype font with TeXShop and teTeX on Mac OS X?

Jerry
--
jerry at hoboes.com         Negative Space    http://www.hoboes.com/
                                           e-mail help at hoboes.com
"Give a man a fish, and you've fed him for a day. Teach him to fish, and you've depleted the lake."--It Isn't Murder If They're Yankees

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.