[Mac OS X TeX] teTeX.dmg updated

Gary L. Gray gray at lpcm.esm.psu.edu
Sun Oct 28 17:56:40 CET 2001

<x-flowed>On 10/28/2001 at 3:08 PM +0100, Gerben Wierda wrote:

>The only change is a more recent pdftex.def in
>texmf/tex/latex/graphics. This, I hope, solves the image problem
>that has been reported.
>
>If you only want pdftex.def, download the latest from
>ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/tex-gs/pdftex.def and then use
>the following command to install it (run this in a shell from the
>directory where you downloaded pdftex.def):
>
>	cp pdftex.def `kpsewhich --expand-var='$TEXMFMAIN'`/tex/latex/graphics
>
>Gerben
>
>PS. I'd like to know if this indeed solves the problem.

Gerben and Ross,

Woohoo! This fixed it (I reinstalled teTeX)!

Thank you for the amazingly quick fix and thanks to Ross Moore for
also pointing out the problem.

One question: I tried simply replacing the pdftex.def file with the
most recent version last night and just doing that did not entirely
fix it. Did I also need to do something else or did I do something
wrong.

All the best,

--
    Gary L. Gray