[Mac OS X TeX] texinfo problems

Serge COHEN cohen at embl-grenoble.fr
Wed Oct 24 13:06:04 CEST 2001

Hello;

I'm using teTeX with TeXshop on MacOS X. I want to process some texinfo
files (mans from GNU), using pdflatex.
anytime I start pdflatex with some .txi file it crashes after giving the
following message.

Anybody has experienced problems with texinfo and teTeX for darwin?

Thanks for any answer (even if you just had the same trouble)

Serge.

PS: I've tried tex -> dvips -> ps2pdf. It works, but the font quality is
very low, and the text is hard to read.

-------------------------beginning of transcript

[visitor4:Downloads/GNU's/Manuals] cohen% pdftex automake.texi
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-14h-released-20010417 (Web2C 7.3.3.1)
(./automake.texi{/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg}
Babel <v3.6Z> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german, ngerman, n
ohyphenation, loaded.
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/pdftex/texinfo/texinfo.tex
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/pdftex/texinfo/pdftexinfo.tex
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/pdftex/plain/misc/pdfcolor.tex) Basics, fonts,
page headings, tables, conditionals, indexing, sectioning, toc, PDF outlines,
(./automake.toc) (./automake.toc) environments, defuns, macros,
cross references, (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/plain/dvips/epsf.tex)
localization, and turning on texinfo input format.)) (./automake.aux)
(./version.texi) [1{/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/dvips/config/pdftex.map}{/usr/
local/teTeX/share/texmf.os/dvips/config/Ttbbold.map}] [2] Chapter 1
! Undefined control sequence.
@xrefX ... at ifnum @filenamelength >0 @pdfannotlink
                                                  attr{/Border [0 0 0]}goto ...
l.154 ... , , standards, The GNU Coding Standards}
                                                  )
?
! Undefined control sequence.
@xrefX ... at ifnum @filenamelength >0 @pdfannotlink
                                                  attr{/Border [0 0 0]}goto ...
l.169 autoconf, The Autoconf Manual}
                                    ), and enforces certain restrictions on
?
Chapter 2
! pdfTeX warning (ext4): destination with the same identifier (name{1@}) has be
en already used, duplicate ignored
<to be read again>
                   }
\onepageout ... name {\mkpgn {\the \pageno }} xyz}
                                                  }\advancepageno \ifnum \ou...
<output> {\onepageout {\pagecontents \PAGE }
                                            }
<to be read again>
l.233 A
       utomake tries to group comments with adjoining targets and macro
[1
! pdfTeX error (ext4): \pdfendlink ended up in different nesting level than \pd
fstartlink.
<recently read> }

\onepageout ... name {\mkpgn {\the \pageno }} xyz}
                                                  }\advancepageno \ifnum \ou...
<output> {\onepageout {\pagecontents \PAGE }
                                            }
<to be read again>
l.233 A
       utomake tries to group comments with adjoining targets and macro
!  ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file not finished!
Transcript written on automake.log.
[visitor4:Downloads/GNU's/Manuals] cohen%

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.