[Mac OS X TeX]

Nick Warner warner at usc.edu
Sun Oct 14 11:22:43 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Dear All

Is anyone having trouble printing  from TeXShop
with \magnification large, like 3000 or 4000.  It also
happens at 1500, but is more sporadic.  I suspect
TeXShop is generating "bad pdf" ... the previewers
seem to handle it just fine, but bits of the symbols are
missing upon printing.

Try this:

\nopagenumbers
\hoffset -2cm
\voffset -2cm
\vsize = 5cm
\hsize = 8cm
  \magnification=4000
$$\sum_{N=1}^\infty {1 \over N^2 +1 } $$
  \bye

and PRINT the result:  bits of the sum are missing,
and no it isn't an obvious hardware problem.....  It
happens on two of my printers that otherwise work
perfectly.

Any comments gratefully received

Nick Warner

"help" (no quotes) in the body.