[Mac OS X TeX] New teTeX.dmg in the works

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Fri Oct 12 10:04:17 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>On Friday, October 12, 2001, at 01:50 , Enrico Franconi wrote:

> On October 11, Gerben Wierda writes:
>> Some of you may know of my teTeX distribution. As soon as I receive the
>> 10.1 developer stuff, I will update the current release.
>
> Is there any attempt to join the effort with the fink version
> (Maintainer: Jeffrey Whitaker <jsw at cdc.noaa.gov>)? It seems to me a
> waste of energy to have two distinct and slightly different
> distributions.

Fink will probably adopt my distribution.

>> I'll have another go at replacing gs6.01 with gs6.50.
>
> With fink I get gs 7.02.

With gs 7 you get PDF that does not display well in certain cases on Mac
OS X 10.1 (and 10.0.4 for that matter). Hence the fact that I use gs 6.
Latest is not by definition best.

>> I am wondering if there are other requests. And I am wondering if
>> someone has already performed all the magic for the second one
>> (fonts) above so that I can just run the necessary scripts on my
>> system and add the results to the TeX distribution.
>
> My request would be to see it "finked"

I am talking with the fink people for a solution. I disagree with
certain aspects of the fink setup, but we are working on a solution in a
positive way.

Gerben

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.