[Mac OS X TeX] True Type Fonts

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Sat Oct 13 10:56:26 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>There is a file pdftex.cfg (there may be various, use the one kpsewhich
tells you it is using)

Add a line

map +yourfilename.map

at the end.

And yourfilename.map is the map file your font conversion generated.

Gerben

PS:

[dumbledore:~] gerben% kpsewhich -progname=pdftex pdftex.cfg
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg

For dvips, add a line

p +yourfilename.map

to config.ps

On Saturday, October 13, 2001, at 02:48 , Jerry Stratton wrote:

> At 4:59 PM +0200 on 10/10/01, Malte Harder wrote:
> I got ttf2tfm compiled and coud convert a true type font ( converted
> from mac to win via ttconverter ) into a vf and a tfm file. I put these
> to files into the txfm/fonts/vf and texfm/fonts/tfm directories. But
> pdftex does not recognize them if I call pdftex fonttest. ttf2tfm made
> also a map file but i don't know where to put it in. I looked at
> http://www.radamir.com/tex/ttf-tex.htm but I have neither an
> texmf/ttf2tfm/base/ directory  nor a texmf/pdftex/base dir, where I
> could copy the encoding and map files.
>
> I think that the equivalent of 'base' directories in miktex are
> 'config' directories in teTeX. But using either 'base' or 'config' for
> the directory name doesn't help me; I can get pdftex to 'accept' the
> font via TeXShop, but the characters are all squares, squished
> together. As if it can't find the font file itself, and doesn't know
> the width (or is getting the width wrong).
>
> Has anyone used a truetype font with TeXShop and teTeX on Mac OS X?
>
> Jerry
> --
> jerry at hoboes.com         Negative Space    http://www.hoboes.com/
>                                            e-mail help at hoboes.com
> "Give a man a fish, and you've fed him for a day. Teach him to fish,
> and you've depleted the lake."--It Isn't Murder If They're Yankees

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.