[Mac OS X TeX] Using Margin kerning

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Mon Oct 29 12:55:11 CET 2001

<x-flowed ISO-8859-1>Hello,

> Margin kerning is in Gerben Wierda's latest teTeX. But to use it,
> you still have to do a few things to your source code:
>
> [...]

Something doesn't quite work here, but it's not connected with margin
kerning itself. The file abbr.tex (called for by protcode.tex) says:

\let\S=\textsf

that is a redefinition of the perfectly legitimate TeX command \S for
the section sign (§ for those who can display it).

In my case, the problem manifested itself as a lot of errors:

! Missing \endcsname inserted.
! Extra \endcsname.

everytime I was using \S\ref{sectionlabel} in the document I was
LaTeX'ing.

Anybody knows what's exactly the function of abbr.tex, or to what extent
it's required by protcode.tex?

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.