[Mac OS X TeX] embedding fonts

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Tue Oct 2 23:45:54 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>On 10/02/2001 at 1:05 PM -0700, V. Vatsal wrote:

>I'm having trouble embedding fonts into PDF files with ps2pdf from
>the command line. It seems that the fonts are not being embedded at
>all, and the PDF looks awful in Reader or Preview. I don't think
>there's anything wrong with the ps file, as I can generate perfectly
>good PDF with embedded fonts by running Distiller in Classic.
>
>Is there any way to force ps2pdf to embed all fonts? Or is this not
>supported in the version of gs that comes with the teTeX bundled
>with TeXShop?

This brings up a question that I have had for some time. When TeXShop
calls teTeX using pdflatex, how do we know what fonts pdflatex is
embedding in the PDF file? There is no setting in TeXShop for this,
so I don't really know what is happening. I suppose this is related
to the question quoted above, that is, I assume that the TeX +
Ghostscript option in TeXShop is calling ps2pdf at some point, so how
do we know what fonts ps2pdf is embedding.

Inquiring minds want to know.

--
   Gary

"help" (no quotes) in the body.