[Mac OS X TeX] \magnification error problem

Nick Warner warner at usc.edu
Mon Oct 15 03:16:46 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Dear Gerben

Thanks for the response, but I thought that teTex
from

http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/texshop.html

was using pdftex and not  altpdftex.  Are you telling me
that it is altpdftex in disguise?

If so then how do I get pdftex and run it with TeXShop,
or do I have to use something like CMacTex?

Thanks
Nick Warner

On Sunday, October 14, 2001, at 06:39 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> On Sunday, October 14, 2001, at 11:22 , Nick Warner wrote:
>
>> \nopagenumbers
>> \hoffset -2cm
>> \voffset -2cm
>> \vsize = 5cm
>> \hsize = 8cm
>>  \magnification=4000
>> $$\sum_{N=1}^\infty {1 \over N^2 +1 } $$
>>  \bye
>
> The problem is in TeX web2c version 7.3.1. When you run pdftex, you are
> running a newer version that does not have this problem.
>
> Apart from updating my entire TeX setup to TeX live (from teTeX) I see
> no quick way to fix this, but I'm looking into it.
>
> Gerben
>
> PS. TeXShop has nothing to do with it. TeXShop handles .tex source
> (editing it) and PDF-output (displaying it). The whole rigamarole in
> between is out of its hands and is done in the background by a fairly
> standard unix teX-distribution.
>
> PS. Please us a subject line when you post.

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.