[Mac OS X TeX] TtH on OS X

Jorgen Haug jorgen.haug at nhh.no
Thu Nov 22 17:04:34 CET 2001

Question: What character encoding is it necessary to use in OS X
browsers to have TtH HTML-files show up correctly wrt. the symbol font?

I have TtH up and running neatly in OS X, using Terminal. One problem
I've noticed is with how web browsers interpret mathematical symbols.
The manual for TtH says that Netscape will work fine if set to
document-encoding MacRoman. I've done this, and also tried ALL  other
encodings, in Netscape 6.2 for OS X. Still, most greek symbols turn
roman, and e.g. sums and squareroots show up with strange symbols.

IE fares better - using Western (Latin-1), but this browser also has
trouble with sums. Opera and OmniWeb do not handle it well either.

I haven't got Classic browsers on this system, and have therefore not
checked if my troubles are specific to OS X.

Jorgen Haug, associate professor
Department of Finance and Management Science
Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration
Phone +47 5595 9426, Fax +47 5595 9647

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.