[Mac OS X TeX] Some graphics questions

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Fri Nov 30 14:42:19 CET 2001

On Friday, November 30, 2001, at 08:27 , Georges Vael wrote:

> For the conversion from eps to pdf I started out with epstopdf, which
> is part of the TeXShop teTeX distribution. It worked perfect under OS-X
> 10.0.4 but suffered from the Quartz bug (much discussed here) in OS-X
> 10.1. Under 10.1.1 this route works again.
> An alternative route is Acrobat Distiller, which offers the possibility
> to finetune the conversion to pdf to your needs and can run under
> Classic in the background. It can be set up to watch a folder and
> automatically convert any eps file that you save or drop into that
> folder.

A third route is to use PStill (www.stone.com) and the pstill cli
command that ships with my teTeX.dmg. Works just like epstopdf. PStill
can also be configured to watching a folder if that is more convenient
to you. PStill is not expensive (I think $30 or so) and is reported to
be a good distiller.

A fourth is u-psbuild by some Australian company (also not expensive).
On request from a user I included a cli interface to that system as well
with the cli command u-psbuild.

It is also possible to tell altpdftex to use a different distiller than
the default ghostscript:

	altpdflatex --distiller pstill somefile.tex

As I do not do these kind of conversions myself, I cannot comment on
their relative merit.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.