[Mac OS X TeX] Officina font

V. Vatsal vatsal at math.ubc.ca
Fri Nov 2 23:51:31 CET 2001

<x-flowed iso-8859-1>I had similar problems with Adobe Garamond and its expert friends.

The virtual fonts were set up with fontinst.

TeXShop doesn't display or print the numeral 1 at the bottom of the page.
Acrobat does both things fine.

I wonder if it's an encoding problem -- looking at the font info in Acrobat
shows that Garamond Regular is cusom encoded, while the Expert one shows
the encoding as "built in."

But since Acrobat handles the file fine, I wonder if it might not be a
question of Quartz not being happy with certain encodings? Display problems
with ligatures would go along with this hypothesis.

-- Nike V.

gs 6 chokes and dies on the ps output,
--On Friday, November 2, 2001 8:11 PM +0100 Cyrill Rüttimann
<ruettimac at dplanet.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At work, we have the itc officina sans font in PS 1 format:
>
> OfficSanBol
> OfficSanBollta
> OfficSanBoo
> OfficSanBoolta
>
> and the TrueType format
>
> ITC Officina Sans
>
> I included the font in TeX, but not all characters are displayed right:
> hell ire insted of hellfire
>
> How can I setup the font to work in TeX right?
>

> Regards,
>
> Cyrill

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.