[Mac OS X TeX] Absolute paths always in .texshop files

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Fri Nov 16 16:01:11 CET 2001

<x-flowed>> I just noticed that, when a Project Root is defined using the "Set
> Project Root..." menu command, the file name saved to the corresponding
> .texshop file is absolute, like /Users/me/Main.tex, even if the name
> entered in the dialog window was relative, i.e. ../Main.tex.
>
> This creates problems when the folder hierarchy is changed even if the
> project folder is unchanged: all Project Root settings must be changed
> manually in every relevant project file.

Yes, this is a known 'feature'.

Since DIck is busy with his real work and since the whole project/run
stuff needs a major update anyway, there may not be a fix for that soon.
But if I have time, I might do two small fixes (this one and a path
issue) and ask Dick to release.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.