[Mac OS X TeX] Request [...] cm-super

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Nov 29 21:42:34 CET 2001

One can pypass this problem by using metapost instead of metafont.
The terminal command for invoking metapost is  mpost filename
provided one is in the directory where the file filename.mp resides.
Alternatively one could use the application mpost which is part of
CMacTeX with the usual Dialog Window for opening files.

When I use mfpic with the option metafont, it won't work, but with
the option metapost it does.

Regards,

Claus

>On Thursday, November 29, 2001, at 04:51 , Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>>(I never managed to configure TeXShop so that it launches Metafont
>>to generate missing *.pk and *.tfm files on the fly, and I don't
>>understand teTeX well enough to run its components directly from
>>the terminal --- which component to run, and how? ---.)
>
>This is a TeXShop bug. I have it fixed on my system but I need some
>time for the localized versions. It'll be available soon.

>"help" (no quotes) in the body.
>This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
>messages posted by third parties.

Claus Gerhardt
Institut für Angewandte Mathematik
Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg