[Mac OS X TeX] Re: teTeX mod for Mac fonts (was Re: [Mac OSXTeX]Font question)

Christopher B. Hamlin chamlin at aip.org
Wed Nov 7 23:39:20 CET 2001

Troy Goodson wrote:

> At 3:48 PM -0500 11/7/01, William Adams wrote:

> >The ideal would be for the development of an extended version of TeX
> >which supported Unicode input and used Mac OS X system calls so as to
> >make use of Mac fonts like TeX/GX does. (Richard, did I ever send you
> >the .pdf readme files for TeX/GX?)
>
> This sounds nice (I like ideals); so this extra code could be in
> teTeX, but only compiled if compilation happens on an Mac OS X system.

  What ever happened to Omega? That takes Unicode input.

  And what would need to use OS X system fonts other than a
previewer, and everyone seems to go right to PDF anyway? I
just recently got TeXshop and teTeX going on OS X, so don't
follow. I guess if you want to send a PDF to a PC user you're
in trouble. But shouldn't/don't Acrobat/preview show you a
MacOS font if you call it "correctly"?

  Regards,

  Chris Hamlin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.