[Mac OS X TeX] GUI for teTeX settings, etc.; ideas from NeXT?

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Fri Nov 16 10:46:22 CET 2001

<x-flowed>On Thursday, November 15, 2001, at 07:53 , William Adams wrote:

> Isn't it merely necessary to place the style files in the appropriate
> place in the filesystem and re-fresh the filename database? Having a
> hard time envisioning this....

TeX packages often come in a 'source' form (docstrip format) and they
need to be processed to become usable and then placed in the right
place. Then after installing, you indeed need to update the ls-R hash
database for TeX to be able to find it. This docstrip install process is
not standardized.

Formats are a bit easier, as there is a standard teTeX configuration
file and standard tools (fmtutil) to handle this.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.