[Mac OS X TeX] T1 font encoding question

Siep siepo at cybercomm.nl
Tue Nov 20 10:04:48 CET 2001

<x-charset ISO-8859-1>On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 23:41:01 +0100
Michel Bovani <michel.bovani at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Le 19/11/01 à 17:21 -0500 Gary L. Gray a écrit :
> >We recently tried typesetting a file that had a package that
> >appeared to require the t1enc package through:
> >
> >\RequirePackage{t1enc}
>
> t1enc package calls ec fonts (cork-8bits-T1 encoding) instead of cmr
> original fonts (the same design but with 256 chars for european
> languages).
>
> BTW it is best to call \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
>

> >This did not typeset on my teTeX setup, instead giving me:
> >
> >(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/t1enc.sty
> >! Font T1/cmr/m/n/10.95=ecrm1095 at 10.95pt not loadable: Metric
> >(TFM) file not
> >  found.
>
> Yes, unfortunately, t1 calls are resident in latex base, but tfm
> files are not in tetex (afaik)...
>
> ><to be read again>
> >                    relax
> >l.52 \fontencoding{T1}\selectfont

tfms of the ec fonts are generated automatically; the first time around
LaTeX will cry foul, the tfms will be generated, and the second time
around they will be there. teTeX also has scripts allcm / allce for
generating tfms. I haven't tried this under osx, though.

The Metafont sources are under fonts/sources/jknappen. They are completely
parameterized, and metafont parameter files for specific sizes are also
generated on the fly. All these generated mf's and tfm's would wind up in
the same directory hierarchy as the pk bitmaps.

Siep

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.