[Mac OS X TeX] put files in bundles?

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Fri Nov 23 12:38:59 CET 2001

Le vendredi 23 novembre 2001, à 12:21 PM, Maarten Sneep a écrit :

> #  Is it really necessary to go to such complexities, isn't it possible
> #  have only TeX-generated files bundled together, not the whole
> directory
> #  structure created by the user to typeset a book with figures etc.?
>
> With which file would you include the other files then? Maybe you can
> put all
> tex related files in a bundle (main-tex-file.texnical, anyone) I think
> it is
> unwise to create a bundle from one of the .tex files, since no other
> editor
> would understand what they meant. Also most users want to have their
> resulting
> (pdf) file ready to send through e-mail, so that's no option either.

I was thinking of bundling tex-related files with the file designated as
the "Project Root". But yes, I perfectly agree with the objection for
PDF files, that's what I do myself: sending PDF files by e-mail.

Thanks for all the technical details, which I wasn't aware of. Now I
understand better.

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.