[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop Crashing the Window Server

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sat Nov 3 23:22:01 CET 2001

> I have included a tar.gz with a short example.

Where ? No attachment came with this message.

> > 	b) A description of exactly how the illustration was
> > 	created.
>
> The illustration logo.pdf was generated using Illustrator 9 --> Save as
> Adobe Illustrator PDF. Source was logo.eps created by Illustrator 9.

I've never had satisfaction with  "Save as Adobe Illustrator PDF".
So far as I know, the "Illustrator Development Team" at Adobe,
and the "Acrobat Development Team" are separate work groups.
The products have developed largely independently.

If you want PDF generated by Adobe software, then use Acrobat,
as a distiller -- it's under one of the menus, in Acrobat 5.

> The other illustrations included in the document where translated by
> epstopdf. The source files *.eps where created by Illustrator 9.

This is a more reliable route than PDF from Illustrator, in my experience.

> As you can see, the first page only with the logo.pdf do not crash the
> system. But if you go forward to the other illustrations, the system
> crashes.
>
> I use pdflatex to produce the pdf's

Which revision ?
To find out, do:   pdftex --version   from a command-line,
or look at the first few lines of the  .log  file.

All the best,

	Ross Moore

> Regards,
>
> Cyrill

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.