[Mac OS X TeX] Some graphics questions

Troy Goodson Troy.D.Goodson at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Nov 30 16:47:46 CET 2001

At 2:34 PM -0500 11/29/01, Charles Bouldin wrote:
>How are people on this list producing graphics [*.eps files] that
>give a good preview and are portable across platforms?

I've been under the (possibly incorrect) impression that different
platforms use different forms of EPS previews, making truly
cross-platform EPS files impossible.

A lot of people I deal with use Microsoft Word or Microsoft
PowerPoint.  If they want one of my figures, I convert it to EPS and
use Canvas 8 to create a preview.  I import that into a Word or
PowerPoint document for them and send it on.  The default preview
that Canvas 8 creates has a fairly low resolution, but it's been good
enough so far.  I haven't had any complaints from PC users about my
previews, yet.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.