[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop and BibTeX

Martin Stokhof stokhof at hum.uva.nl
Tue May 8 17:22:00 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Hi,

When I run BibTeX from TeXShop I invariably get the error message:
"Sorry--- you've exceeded BibTeX's buffer size 5000.

This occurs with jobs (files, style files, data files) that run without
a glitch under OS 9.1.
I've cut down the number of references in the source file to just a few
(two or three) and used a very small .bib file, but I still get the same
error.

Any hint of help would be much appreciated.
Martin Stokhof

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.