[Mac OS X TeX] Anyone _use_ OS X TeX for productivity?

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Mon May 14 21:38:36 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Martin Bauer wrote:

	how to you prefer receiving wishes, bugs, and requests?

Answer: Requests to the mailing list are fine; we read them and print
them out.
	Direct requests are also fine.  If there is an actual bug, it is
probably best
	to send us at least a copy of the message so we take it personally and
	react as fast as possible.

Bruno Voisin wrote listing various bugs and requests:

Answer: 1) Search and replaced failed in the French version only. This
was
	fixed on my web site a week ago (without any announcements; sorry).
	Get the latest version.

	2) I hadn't heard about the "e" bug or the inability to save pdf
window position
	(presumably only in the French version). I'll check, fix this
tonight, and
	report back.

	3) The latest version on the web site allows users to rapidly
switch between
	the source window and the pdf window by typing Control-1.

	3) TeXShop saves output in Unix style because the teTeX programs expect
	that style. For instance, Bibtex fails when Macintosh line feeds
are present.
	We want TeXShop to work with standard teTeX without modifying these
programs
	so users can upgrade to the latest versions at any time.

Dick
koch at math.uoregon.edu

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.