[Mac OS X TeX] Anyone _use_ OS X TeX for productivity?

Christian Smith csmith at barebones.com
Mon May 14 23:59:21 CEST 2001

On Monday, May 14, 2001 at 14:47, paolo at hss.caltech.edu (Paolo Ghirardato)
wrote:

> >Than the file may be malformed in some way. It may possibly have a
> >mixture of CRs and LFs such that BBEdit is treating the file as a file
> >with Macintosh line endings but also having random LFs in it.
> >
> >Send me one of these files which exibits this behaviour and I'll look
> >at it.
>
> My experience is identical to Fredrik's. Admittedly, the file was
> written partly with Textures and partly with TeXShop, so that it is
> perfectly possible that it is a hybrid like Chris says. I will
> separately send Chris the file to check.

That was indeed the case. As I noted, BBEdit handles all three of the
standard formats transparently, but if you have a file which has a mixture
of one plus another you are going to run into problems. When dealing with
files which might be edited by apps such as TeXShop, make sure the files
are saved with Unix line endings so as to avoid problems like this.

--
Christian Smith  |  csmith at barebones.com  |  http://web.barebones.com

He who dies with the most friends... Is still dead!

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.