[Mac OS X TeX] more troubles with pdf.

James Owen jhgowen at mac.com
Mon May 14 10:58:14 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>
Having persuaded RevTeX to allow pdfs files to be inserted, I am now
faced with the problem that it only inserts the preview, which for some
reason is a whole page in size, instead of the small cropped figures I
am trying to use.
I trimmed them in Acrobat, and then saved, but unfortunately that didn't
help. I think OS X automatically assigns previews to pdf files, which
are a whole sheet, not the cropped file. I noticed that if I opened them
in Acrobat, they came out cropped the way I saved them, whereas if I
double-clicked on them, they opened in Acrobat still, but without the
cropping. I also tried deleting the previews using Acrobat, but
identical ones came back again.
When I print, I get a shrunken figure inside a page of white, or else, a
figure on one page, with the caption on the next, Neither is
satisfactory.
Maybe because I am using Classic Acrobat and Carbon Acrobat Reader?

James

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.