[Mac OS X TeX] Word to LaTeX?

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Thu May 10 09:23:32 CEST 2001

> >At 11:48 PM +0200 5/9/01, Andreas Monitzer wrote:
> >
> >>I'd like to include it in PDF-form, but how do I convert it? When I
> >>use Acrobat Distiller, I only get full page output, but that's not
> >>usable for LaTeX. When I shrink the page size in Word, it still
> >>prints a A4 page.
> >
> >I'd use Word's option to print selection (under the "Microsoft Word"
> >tab of the Print dialog). Direct that to an EPS file with the
> >LaserWriter driver. Use \includegraphics to pull that in to your
> >LaTeX document.
>
> Doesn't work, it's still full page. I think the Laserwriter driver

Have you tried:

\usepackage{graphicx}  % in preamble

  \includegraphics[scale=.5]{....}
or
  \includegraphics[viewport=<coords>,clip]{....}
or
  \includegraphics[trim=<coords>,clip]{....}

to either scale down the size of the included graphic,
or to choose just some area inside it.

Consult the book The LaTeX Graphics Companion,
or graphicx.dtx for documentation on options to \includegraphics
beyond what is available in the usual  graphics  package.

> converts it to that format for those printers that only got standard
> formats.

You must print to EPS ; it's no good just printing to a PostScript file.
Also, check the font inclusion: "All but standard 13" should be OK.

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore

> I think I have to convert it manually...
>
> andy

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.