[Mac OS X TeX] Excalibur 4.0b1

Rick Zaccone zaccone at bucknell.edu
Wed Jun 27 18:25:54 CEST 2001

>A) It does not know of the following TexShop standard (tries to check
>pdf and jpg):
>\DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.pdf, .jpg}

Is this specific to TeXShop?  I can easily make Excalibur aware of
this command.  You can also do it by using LaTeX->Edit Commands.

>B) I can't open my .tex files. I suspect it looks at the creator/type,
>but documents created in OS X don't necessarily have a resource fork.

Excalibur does look at the file type.  It will open any TEXT file.  I
guess TeXShop files aren't TEXT files.  Shouldn't they be?  Excalibur
doesn't care if the file has a resource fork and you don't need one to
have a file type.

>C) Maybe it is a case of RTFM, but I couldn't use the "add" button as I
>went through and checked my document.

This is an instance where balloon help was really useful.  Excalibur's
balloons would have told you why the Add button wasn't available.
It's probably because none of the dictionaries that you were using was
writable.  The Standard Dictionary is read only.

Rick

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.