[Mac OS X TeX] BibTex errors using TexShop

Martin Stokhof stokhof at hum.uva.nl
Fri Jun 22 09:31:17 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Probably the problem is that your .bib file has Mac line feeds
whereas the BibTeX that comes with TeXShop expects Unix line feeds
(and hence reads your file as one big line). You can open the file in
BBedit and save it in Unix format.

Martin Stokhof

At 23:54 -0700 on 21/06/01, Fredrik Wallenberg wrote:

>I get the following message in the Tex console:
>
>This is BibTeX, Version 0,99c (Web2C 7.3.1)
>The top-level auxiliary file: stickyweb.aux
>The style file: plain.bst
>Database file#1: FWBibiliography.bib
>Sorry---you've exceeded BibTeX's buffer size 5000
>Aborted at line 0 of file FWBibiliography.bib
>(That was a fatal error)
>

>Is there anyone who knows how to fix this (it is probably trivial,
>but I haven't found the answer documented in any of the "easy to
>access" sources).
>
>Thanks,
>
>Fredrik

>"help" (no quotes) in the body.
>This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
>messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.