[Mac OS X TeX] TeX + GhostScript option not working ??

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Thu Jun 28 02:33:49 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>>  > I discovered I couldn't do any form of latex from the command line -
>>  always the same error.  Is this a feature or a bug :-)
>
>You have to enable symlinks in the installer, and to do that you first have to
>enable the relevant button using a menu.  Peculiar, and possibly a positive
>attempt to discourage the use of symlinks...
>--
>Lawrence C Paulson
>Reader in Computational Logic
>Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge
>Pembroke Street, Cambridge CB2 3QG, England
>Tel: +44(0)1223 334623    Fax: +44(0)1223 334678

Hi

I tried that this morning and it didn't work. So I then removed the
whole teTeX directory from /usr/local and did a reinstall with the
option of setting symlinks. Now I can
run latex from the terminal and I can do altpdflatex from the
terminal and it creates a dvi and seems to run OK. I reinstalled
TeXShop to be sure and I can do pdflatex but when I run with the TeX
+ Ghostscript option nothing happens. Nothing in the console. It just
sits.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks - Michael

Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt