[Mac OS X TeX] How to print postscript in MacOSX ?

Bernard Knaepen bknaepen at ulb.ac.be
Wed Jul 11 09:00:33 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>if you are printing through appletalk (as opposed to direct tcp/ip)
then you need to use the command,

atprint [ printer-name [: printer-type [@ zone ] ] ] file.ps

You get more details by reading the man page (typing man atprint).
The name of the printer as registered by appletalk can be found with
the command,
atlookup

Hope this helps,
Bernard.

>>On 11/07/2001 10:45 AM, Michael Murray (mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au)
>>emailed:
>>
>>>  If I end up with a postscript file on my mac under MacOS X how can I print
>>>  it.  Last time I needed to do this I launched OzTeX under Classic and
>>>  used that to send the ps file to the printer.
>>>
>>>  I am happy to use the command line if need be. I tried drag and drop of the
>>>  ps file onto the open printer window from Print Center - didn't work.
>>  >
>>  > Michael
>>
>>lpr -Pprinter_name file.ps
>>

>Thanks - that gives
>

>[localhost:~] mmurray% lpr -Ppsmmurray /Users/mmurray/Desktop/gomi_tera.ps
>jobs queued, but cannot start daemon.
>

>I assume I need to sent something up ?  The printer psmmurray is known
>to the Mac in the sense that its known to the PrintCenter and I can
>print from apps.
>
>Michael
>--
>Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
>Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
>3696
>University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
>Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
>Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
>PGP public key:
>http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt
>"help" (no quotes) in the body.
>This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
>messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.