[Mac OS X TeX] ghostscript from the command line with XFree86 ?

Niv Drory drory at usm.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Jul 25 09:31:03 CEST 2001

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Michael Murray wrote:

> I read all the various post on ghostscript. Am I correct in
> concluding that the TeXShop teTeX install doesn't include things that
> are needed for the ghostscript which it does include to
> interact with XFree86 ?
>
> Thanks - Michael

The programs in teTeX (e.g. xdvi and ghostscript) are compiled without
support for X-Windows. You will have to grab the sources of ghostscript
(www.ghostscript.org) or xdvi and compile them yourself including support
for X-Windows (see the installation instructions). Ghostscript compiles
'out of the box' on OSX. Maybe there is somebody out there offering
binaries, fink or gnu-darwin possibly?

Have fun,

	Niv

Niv Drory                                 | drory at usm.uni-muenchen.de
Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics  |
University Observatory                    |   www.usm.uni-muenchen.de
University of Munich                      |
Scheinerstr. 1                            |   Phone: +49 89 2180 5982
81679 Munich, Germany                     |   FAX  : +49 89 2180 6003
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.