[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop Preference Item

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Wed Jul 25 02:29:12 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Folks,

Yesterday Aaron Seitz wrote

	TeXShop preferences do not change until after the app is restarted.
	This is definitely the case with the pdflatex vs latex + ghostscript
	radio button.

Actually TeXShop changes preferences immediately. Our design is probably
flawed, making the pdflatex vs latex+ghostscript preference is a little
confusing.
The preference only determines the typesetting method when new files are
opened.
Changing the preference doesn't change the typesetting method for files
which are already open.

The idea here is that users can open several projects at once. Some may
contain pdf illustrations and be typeset with pdflatex. Others may
contain eps
illustrations and be typeset with latex+ghostscript. When a project is
first
opened, the typesetting method is determined from the choice in
Preferences.
Later this method can be changed for that particular project using items
in
the "Typeset" menu.

Dick
koch at math.uoregon.edu