[Mac OS X TeX] Fonts, Illustrator and much frustration

Lawrence C Paulson Larry.Paulson at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 6 11:46:13 CEST 2001

Since we are trading experiences...

I tried Freehand 10 on my main task, which like yours is to create
illustrations that incorporate typeset material.  Freehand 10 can easily edit
some PDFs (generated by Word I think).  However, I tried several PDFs that
originated in TeX.  In one, the CMR characters were invisible.  With the
others, Freehand crashed while attempting to read the files.

It looks like Textures + Illustrator for the indefinite future.  (And since
upgrading to 10.0.4, I have found Classic much more stable; no problems at
all, touch wood.)
--
Larry Paulson

"help" (no quotes) in the body.