[Mac OS X TeX] Still having problems with Mathematica and TeXShop

Aaron Seitz aaronseitz at mac.com
Tue Jul 24 03:50:40 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Well,

I have made both sets of changes suggested by Dick and now both pdflatex
and latex & ghostscript are working for my non-Mathematica generated
files. For Mathematica only the pdflatex option will produce legible
output.

I have spent some time exploring issues in my TeXShop installation and I
have figured out the following issues:

1). TeXShop preferences do not change until after the app is restarted.
This is definitely the case with the pdflatex vs latex & ghostscript
radio button. This caused some of my initial confusion.

2). Mathematica generated Latex files work fine with pdflatex, but do
not work with the latex & ghostscript option. I have looked at the dvi
files with xdvi and the ps files with macghostview and neither display
with the correct fonts.

3). All my other latex files work just fine with either pdflatex or
latex & ghostscript.

4). Mathematica files are also not working well with my fink teTeX
installation and one of my colleagues Linux teTeX installation. In the
case of the Linux install the dvi file looks fine but it will not print
correctly.

My conclusion is that something needs to be done to make the Mathematica
fonts available to all the involved apps. I do not know the best way to
do this, but given the fact that the pdflatex option in TeXShop works
just fine the problem is not very pressing.

Best,

-Aaron

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.