[Mac OS X TeX] ghostscript from the command line with XFree86?

Niv Drory drory at usm.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Jul 26 09:48:07 CEST 2001

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Troy Goodson wrote:

> >The programs in teTeX (e.g. xdvi and ghostscript) are compiled without
> >support for X-Windows. You will have to grab the sources of ghostscript
> >(www.ghostscript.org) or xdvi and compile them yourself including support
> >for X-Windows (see the installation instructions). Ghostscript compiles
> >'out of the box' on OSX. Maybe there is somebody out there offering
>
> Actually, I thought only version 6.50 or 6.04 that installs 'out of
> the box' but version 7.x has problems...
>
> TeXShop gives you version 6.04, I believe.

If you want to use ghostscript with TeXShop you need version 6.x,
ghostscript 7.x compiles fine, but does not work with TeXShop.

Niv

Niv Drory                                 | drory at usm.uni-muenchen.de
Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics  |
University Observatory                    |   www.usm.uni-muenchen.de
University of Munich                      |
Scheinerstr. 1                            |   Phone: +49 89 2180 5982
81679 Munich, Germany                     |   FAX  : +49 89 2180 6003
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.