[Mac OS X TeX] TEX -> EPDF?

Nick Matsakis matsakis at mit.edu
Wed Dec 5 23:54:49 CET 2001

So, I'm curious whether anyone knows a good way to get a single TeX
equation as a piece of embedded PDF?  I'm envisioning a package that works
like this:

\usepackage{pdfout}
\include{allmywackytexmacros.tex}

\begin{document}

\begin{pdfout}{exp1.pdf}
\[ 1+1 = 2 \]
\end{pdfout}

\begin{pdfout}{exp2.pdf}
\[ A = \pi \cdot r^2\]
\end{pdfout}

\end{document}

Running pdftex on the output would create two files in the directory,
exp1.pdf and exp2.pdf, each containing the appropriate equations.  Does
this make sense?  This would be useful because the resulting files could
be dragged into Omnigraffle or Powerpoint X, allowing one to have nicely
typeset equations in posters and presentations.

Nick

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.