[Mac OS X TeX] Hack release: TEX -> PDF Service

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Sun Dec 16 20:08:38 CET 2001

OK. Something seems amiss. It works here perfectly, but not on your
systems.

I would like to know in more detail what happens.

- What string did you give to the service? What happens if you use the
simple string $2^3$?
- The first time you call the service, the GWTeXServices app should
launch. Does it?
- When it launches, a window is available where the output of the
process should be visible. What is this output (if any)?
- Is a temporary directory with contents created in /tmp? What are the
contents? This directory is removed when the TeX process succeeds and
the result is loaded.
- Is there anything in the Console?
- What teTeX do you use? Remember that there has been a teTeX-beta
release by me that has a broken ConTeXT. It will definitely not work
with that version (as the README explains).
- What OS version do you run?

This can help me track it down.

Thanks,

"help" (no quotes) in the body.