[lucida] Missing \ulcorner and \urcorner glyphs

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat May 20 23:37:40 CEST 2023

Hi Kai - thanks for the note. I don't think we can put out another
Lucida update soon, but I'll certainly put those two chars on the list
for next time.

Can you show me a real-life example using them? Just to understand the
context. I've never heard of them before.

As for the font to take them from, speaking purely typographically, my
only thought is that they should presumably visually match the general
line thickness of the text. Which may or may not mean be physically
identical.

I didn't try to make test files, but Lucida is generally thicker than CM
and its derivatives. Thus perhaps some sans font, like DejaVu or some
CM-derived sans [math], if any have those chars, might match
better. Just a wild speculation. I also suspect that zero readers of any
text using them would actually notice :). --best, karl.