[lucida] Install lucida from Y&Y on MacTeX

Mau V mvs1952 at yahoo.it
Mon Aug 7 19:20:38 CEST 2023

 I made it!!
I deleted the files
-------------

builtin35.map: /var/root/Library/texlive/2023/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/builtin35.map

 download35.map: /var/root/Library/texlive/2023/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/download35.map

 kanjix.map: /var/root/Library/texlive/2023/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvipdfmx/updmap/kanjix.map

 pdftex.map: /var/root/Library/texlive/2023/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map

 pdftex_dl14.map: /var/root/Library/texlive/2023/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex_dl14.map

 pdftex_ndl14.map: /var/root/Library/texlive/2023/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex_ndl14.map

 ps2pk.map: /var/root/Library/texlive/2023/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/ps2pk.map

 psfonts.map: /var/root/Library/texlive/2023/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts.map

 psfonts_pk.map: /var/root/Library/texlive/2023/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts_pk.map
 psfonts_t1.map: /var/root/Library/texlive/2023/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts_t1.map
about which updmap complained. For that since I had "you have no permission" messages I had to create a root user (you always learn something new...). After that I ran again sudo mktexlsr and sudo updmap-sys and now I can get my tex files with lucida fonts in them.
Frankly, I am not a geek but, as they say, "I am not afraid of the command line". I know tons of tex users who would not come out alive from this...
Well, thanks (I hope this is the end...)
BTW: do you have an explanation of this?
Maurizio